Train for the 2012 Bike Tour with Pasadena Triathlon Club
Training Plan and Clinics by TriCentric Training
The Pasadena Triathlon Club, in partnership with the Pasadena Marathon is pleased to offer a free bike training program to prepare you for the Bike Tour!
- Free 8-week program leading up to the ride on May 20 by Coach Brandon Heflin of TriCentric Training.
- Progressive training for all cycling levels and clinics with Coach.
- A fun, supportive community of athletes and friends to train with.
- Improved fitness and skills as a cyclist.
- 7 Pasadena Triathlon Club led group rides tailored to the training plan
Questions? Contact Greg @ email@example.com
Start Here: Kickoff Party
Join us Monday March 26th, 2012 6:30pm @ Daphne’s to hear more about the program, meet some of the volunteer ride leaders, Coach Brandon Heflin, socialize and get your questions answered about the program. This is a casual meet and greet, time to play before we sweat together on the group rides starting Sunday April 1st, 2012.
Event is FREE and open to those training for the Pasadena Marathon Bike Tour. For an information and map check out the invitation and RSVP.
Training Plan by TriCentric Training
Coach Brandon Heflin of TriCentric Training has put together a great training plan to prepare you to have a great ride on the Bike Tour. Check out the plan and plan overview. Follow this plan to get fit and improve on the bike.
Group Sunday Rides
Join us Sunday Mornings starting April 1st, 2012 8:00am @ the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center for led group rides thru race day! Ride with experienced cyclist volunteer leaders and learn local routes and riding skills while enjoying the companionship of group training. Looking for other opportunities to train or interested in Triathlon? Check out the club Calendar for weekly training sessions and more.
General Safety Guidelines
- Rain cancels training series led rides
- Posted ride time is when the ride starts
- Be self-sufficient – bring tubes, cell phone, bike tools etc.
- Dress accordingly for the days training
- Don’t forget hydration & nutrition
- Ride safely – wear a helmet, no earphones, no riding aeros in a group
- Please note that we welcome self-sufficient cyclists of all ages. Youth under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult cyclist.
- No helmet = no riding with PTC = no exceptions
About TriCentric Training
Brandon Heflin is the owner of TriCentric Training, a Southern California-based endurance coaching services company, and has been coaching endurance athletes since 2002. Brandon is a USA Triathlon certified coach, USA Cycling certified coach, competitive age group Triathlete, competitive cyclist and endurance sports enthusiast. As a Professional Coach, Brandon has worked with hundreds of athletes to increase their skills, endurance and knowledge, while helping them accomplish their individual goals.
About Pasadena Triathlon Club
PTC is a volunteer-led nonprofit organization focused on creating a positive community of athletes to train and race triathlon together, while growing the sport of triathlon and its constituent sports of swimming, biking and running. Our membership is made up of every level of athlete, from the first-time racer to Kona World Championship Ironman finishers. All of our training sessions are free and open to everyone willing to train safely and have fun. Find out more about the club at www.pasadenatriclub.com and our About page.